The struggle with FOMO is real! What is FOMO you ask? It’s the Fear of Missing Out and you can be inflicted! This horrible affliction can be contagious and is very often found in the group of people called “Newly Engaged Brides-to-Be”.
So, one must be on the lookout if you feel yourself starting to suffer the symptoms of FOMO.
- Stiff neck and watery eyes from starring at Pinterest too long.
- Carpel tunnel syndrome from searching the internet until 3am in the morning looking for wedding inspiration.
- Stress from getting your cell phone bill because your search made you go over your data limits.
- Cauliflower ear from calling every bridal shop in the northern hemisphere to schedule appointments to try on every wedding dress ever made.
- Chronic wide-spread self-doubt and mental anguish over your self-perceived flabby thighs.
The list of symptoms goes on and on. But luckily, you don’t have to suffer from the Fear of Missing Out any longer! You have options and there is a cure! Contact your local wedding professionals and find relief. After all, we are called “Wedding Professionals” for a reason and we are here to help! Don’t suffer in silence any longer. The “grass is always greener” disease can be cured.
FOMO can make wedding planning really hard and can drive your entourage crazy. Yes, everyone is super excited for you and that first bridal appointments when everyone gets together and tells you how beautiful and special and wonderful you look in every dress you put on.
But after the third or fourth shop, your entourage is feeling weary and the effects of FOMO are setting in. They start wandering through the stores looking at bridesmaid’s dresses, texting, checking Facebook and wondering when you are “Just going to say Yes to the Dress already!” You’re gorgeous in anything you put on. They love you, your fiancé’ loves you. Stop the madness! FOMO is right around the corner and you are injecting yourself with a giant dose of it!
To avoid contracting FOMO, the cure is simple. Let’s start with your wedding dress, for example.
- Schedule just a few appointments to start. Say two or maybe three and then go to them with the intent of finding your wedding dress today! Do not go in with the feeling that “I’m just going to look and maybe something will surprise me.” Go with intent! Go with confidence! Go with your panties on please!
- When you arrive in the store, your consultant should know how to guide you to the styles that would best suit your body type, your vision, fit your theme, etc. If they are not trying, then move on and don’t waste your time trying on every dress in the store. You only need one wedding dress. Keep that in mind.
- Once you are in and you’re comfortable in your surroundings and you feel confident that your consultant is listening to you and trying to help, try on a few to start. Not 30, maybe 5 or 6.
- Get a feel for how you feel in a wedding dress in the first place. Picture yourself walking down the aisle to your beloved in a lovely gown. Do I look good in blush or should I wear white
- Finally, pick a dress that makes you feel beautiful, comfortable, a little sexy and a whole lot like a bride.
It’s that simple! You don’t need to try on 100 gowns and give yourself self-inflicted FOMO. You simply need to find a dress that makes you feel beautiful and then stop for heaven’s sake! Five steps to avoiding FOMO. That’s it!
So, do yourself a favor and find a local wedding dress shop that makes you feel comfortable, welcome, supported and then find a dress there that makes you feel like a beautiful bride. Then you can move on to the next item to check off your list.
After all, once you found your fiancé, did you stop looking or did you keep thinking, “Well maybe there’s a prettier, higher quality, nicer smelling fiancé at the next store?” Nope you didn’t. You stopped looking and the pressure was off. No more dating. No more searching. Nor more lonely nights…. Okay…I digress. But I think you get the picture. The Fear of Missing Out is actually causing you more stress. It’s so not worth it.
And now consider the rest of your wedding planning. The cake, the flowers, the DJ, the venue, the event planner, etc., etc. You could run around talking to every baker, tasting every cake, but why give yourself FOMO? You’re not missing out on much if you’re not running yourself ragged. Cake is delicious, sugary and beautiful. So, pick a baker you like, feel confident in the fact that they will deliver your cake on time, in fabulous condition and then stop! You’re done. And then move on. And so on, and so on, and so on.
You see, FOMO is a self-inflicted plight that can be avoided by realizing that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the street, but the grass is pretty darn green on this side of the street and there might be a wine bar close by.
Doesn’t that sound better than giving yourself FOMO?
At The Bridal Suite& Special Occasion, we can spot the symptoms of FOMO a mile away and we are here to help you navigate your way out of the darkness and into the light of finding your dream wedding dress.
Our experienced bridal consultants and designers are here for you, from the day you say “I Will” until the day you say “I do.” We are here for you every step of the way, keeping FOMO at bay and helping you design the wedding you’ve always dreamed of and staying healthy and happy in the process.
What do you have to lose, other than aches, pains and crying spells. Give us a call today at 541-639-3139 or visit our website at www.thebridalsuitebend.com and find your cure for the Fear of Missing Out!